Q&A Download PDF
Section A: Connection Issues
Question 1: Why can’t I connect my mobile device with the MOBULA’s Wi-Fi?
MOBULA can only connect with one mobile device. Ensure there is only one device connecting the MOBULA’s Wi-Fi simultaneously.
Question 2: Why does the flight control interface on Rippton app prompt “Not Connected”?
· Ensure you have entered the correct password (original password is 12345678).
· Ensure you have connected to the MOBULA’s Wi-Fi.
· If the problem still exists, please restart the MOBULA and then turn on the remote controller after drone indicators flash blue or green. After a live image is received on the controller, connect your mobile device to the MOBULA’s Wi-Fi and open Rippton app to reconnect with MOBULA.
Question 3: What should I do if MOBULA is unable to connect with mobile device after calibration is completed and MOBULA is restarted?
1. Turn off the MOBULA fishing drone and remote controller.
2. Quit the Rippton App’s flight control interface.
3. Restart the MOBULA fishing drone, remote controller in sequence and then enter the Rippton App’s flight control interface again.
4. Wait till your device is connected.
Question 4: What should I do when Rippton App keeps crashing after being updated to a new version?
Delete the then-current application, and then download the new version of Rippton App, rather than overlay.
Section B: Map Issues
Question 1: Why can’t my map be loaded?
When your mobile device is connected with the MOBULA’s Wi-Fi, your mobile device is unable to access the Internet (including Wi-Fi and cellular mobile data). Loading the offline map of desired casting area in advance (refer to pic 1), or caching the map in the flight control interface (as shown in pic2) before connecting the MOBULA is recommended.
Section C: MOBULA Control Issues
Question 1: How to alter from app control to remote controller control?
To take over control from the autopilot, you can toggle the flight mode switch on the left shoulder of remote controller (refer to the below pic) to switch from “GPS Mode” ② to “Manual Mode” ① and wait for one second to switch it back. MOBULA will hover at the then-current location and wait for further instruction coming from the remote controller.
Question 2: Why can’t the remote controller receive live images within 300-meter range radius?
· Ensure you have unfolded MOBULA’S antennas before MOBULA takes off.
· Ensure you are not near any places with strong signal interference (i.e. port, military zones, etc.)
Question 3: Why does MOBULA fly only within 300-meter range radius?
Usually it’s because Learner Mode is switched on. With Learner Mode on, MOBULA can only fly within 300-meter range radius centered by the home point and fly no higher than 40 meters. The flight speed is significantly lowered.
Question 4: Why does MOBULA take off and only rise to 3-5 meters, then automatically land and lock the motors after an auto-casting mission has been launched?
That’s because the battery power is lower than the preset Low-battery-Alarm ratio, which triggers the RTH (Return-to-Home).
Question 5: What should I do if MOBULA deviates from the flying route during an auto-casting mission?
Toggle the flight mode switch on the left shoulder of remote controller to switch from “GPS Mode” to “Manual Mode” and wait for one second to switch it back to stop the ongoing auto casting mission, fly the MOBULA back to and land it on the home point manually, and then re-calibrate the MOBULA.
Question 6: After setting up an auto-casting mission, how to give up the ongoing one and/or re-select a new casting spot?
1. If you have pinned the casting spot, but have not slide the button to start the cast mission, you can tap the “X” button on Rippton’s flight control interface to cancel.
2. If MOBULA already starts flying towards the casting spot, tap “Mission Selection”.button, slide the button to stop the ongoing cast mission and start a new one. Meanwhile, MOBULA will hover above the location where it stops at and wait for further instruction.
3. If MOBULA is already on the way towards the casting spot, you can also tap the “Automatic Hovering” button and then slide the button to let MOBULA hover at the then-current location and then select a new casting spot.
4. If you want remote controller to take over control in the middle of an ongoing auto-casting mission, you can toggle the flight mode switch on the left shoulder of remote controller (refer to the below pic) to switch from “GPS Mode” ② to “Manual Mode” ① and wait for one second to switch it back, while MOBULA is flying towards the casting spot. Afterwards, MOBULA will hover at the location where it is stopped, and you can fly it to a new casting spot manually.
Section D: Alarm & Noise
Question 1: Why does the MOBULA make mechanical noise when locking the release device?
It’s because MOBULA release device is not locked in position. You can unlock the releasing device to ensure the metal stick is in position then lock up again.
Question 2: Why does the MOBULA remote controller or Rippton app start beeping?
Remote controller and Rippton app will beep when RTH (Return-to-Home) has triggered.
Section E: RTH (Return-to-Home)
Question 1: If Rippton app loses connection with MOBULA, will MOBULA cast automatically and trigger RTH (Return-to-Home)?
If MOBULA is conducting an auto-casting mission, MOBULA will not cast automatically and trigger RTH (Return-to-Home), but continue to fly to and hover over the casting spot and . Meanwhile, you need to take over control by toggling the flight mode switch on the left shoulder of remote controller to switch from “GPS Mode” to “Manual Mode” and wait for one second to switch it back, cast the attached fishing line manually on the newly selected spot and fly it back to the home point by the remote controller, alternatively short press and then long press the RTH button on the remote controller to let MOBULA cast the fishing line on the then-current spot instantly and return to the home point automatically.
Question 2: When will MOBULA trigger RTH (Return-to-Home)?
MOBULA will trigger RTH in the following 5 situations.
· When MOBULA’s then-current voltage is lower than 21.8V.
· When MOBULA’s battery power is lower than the preset Low-Battery-Alarm ratio.
· When MOBULA loses connection with remote controller.
· When MOBULA’s remaining battery power is not enough (based on Battery Management System’s calculation) to finish the ongoing mission.
· When the Rippton app and remote controller RTH button has been pressed.
Section F: Cast Issues
Question 1: Why does MOBULA cast the payload before reaching the original casting spot?
There are 5 possible causes.
· If MOBULA triggers the Low Power RTH (Return-to-Home), it will cast the payload instantly on the then-current spot and return to the home point.
· If the remote controller loses connection with MOBULA and triggers the RTH (Return-to-Home), MOBULA will cast the payload instantly on the then-current spot and return to the home point.
· If the fishing line release device senses the external dragging force on it to break the drone’s balance, the release device will cast the payload to prevent MOBULA from crashing.
· It happens if you accidentally click the RTH (Return-to-Home) button on remote controller or Rippton app.
· If battery power is lower than the preset ratio, Low Battery Alarm will be triggered and MOBULA will cast the payload instantly and return to the home point. You are able to adjust the Low Battery Alarm by following steps:
Question 2: Why does MOBULA not cast the payload after reaching the casting spot?
It may be because the payload(s) and release device(s) are not connected with a suitable size of ball bearing swivel. If you feel hard to connect the ball bearing swive with the release device, we suggest you have a payload releasing test on the land.
Question 3: What happens when there is a call coming in when MOBULA is conducting an auto-casting mission?
If the phone call lasts less than 30 seconds, Rippton app will wait till you slide the button to confirm the auto-casting mission.
If the phone call lasts more than 30 seconds, Rippton app will continue and complete the auto-casting mission and fly back to the home point automatically.
Question 4: Why does the payload(s) sway hard when MOBULA is flying towards the casting spot?
It may be because the distance between payload and MOBULA exceeds the recommended range or the two berley bags are not equally heavy so that it loses balance.
Q&A Download PDF
Section A: Connection Issues
Question 1: Why does the Rippton APP frequently prompt “connection unstable” when I am using it?
1) Check the battery indicator of the remote to see if the battery is enough (low level of battery results in the weakening of signal). 2) Make sure the remote remains within 1 meter around your mobile device installed with the Rippton APP. 3) Check the signal strength indicator on the remote. If the signal strength is weak, get the boat closer to you and try again.
Question 2: What to do if the Rippton APP loses the connection with the boat and fails to re-connect when the boat is performing the mission?
Check the satellite number indicator to see if there is “--” icon (which represents no satellite received). If yes, please move the joystick of the remote downwards for 3 seconds to take over the control, and then use the remote to call the boat back and restart it.
Question 3: What to do if a “X” appears and remains on the signal strength indicator?
“X” on the signal strength indicator stands for disconnection between the remote and boat. Check if the bait boat is on correctly. If it is turned on correctly, please wait a second. If it still doesn’t work, try to restart the remote and boat.
Question 4: I can’t use my mobile device to connect the CatchX, what I should do?
Please reboot your CatchX and the remote control at the same time, and then try the connection again.
Section B: CONTROL ISSUES
Question 5: How to use the remote to take over the control from the Rippton APP?
When the Rippton APP controls the CatchX bait boat to perform tasks, it will display “A” (standing for automatic mode) on the top bar of the remote-control screen. Pushing the joystick downwards for 2-3 seconds will change the current mode to manual mode (“M” appears on the screen instead). This means that the remote control has taken over the control successfully.
Question 6: What to do if the CatchX does not sail on the preset route?
If the compass of the boat is interfered by the environment, use the remote to control the boat to land and re-calibrate it. If it still deflects after the second calibration, you’re advised to go to another water area for fishing or you can use the remote to control the boat manually.
Question 7: What to do if the boat starts to perform some actions out of your control?
You may have entered an automatic task set by the remote accidentally. All you need to do is to move the joystick of the remote control downwards for 3 seconds at the “Home Screen”.
Question 8: Why I fail to drive my boat by the remote?
You may stay at the “Task Interface” of the remote, please move the joystick upwards to get back to the “Home Screen”. At the “Home Screen”, you are able to drive the boat towards any direction you want.
Section C: Other ISSUES
Question 9: Why does the hopper icons on the Rippton APP turn grey (unable to tap) after the bait boat releases the hoppers?
Every time after hoppers and hooked fishing line are released by the app, you need to tap the “reset” icon before you fill in the empty hoppers with burley to start a new mission.
Question 10: Why does the boat return to the home point before finishing a mission set by the Rippton APP?
1) Check if the battery of the bait boat is under a low level that triggers low-battery-return-to-home. 2) Check if the boat goes beyond the geofence that triggers return-to-home.
Question 11: Why do all the icons on the Rippton APP turn grey?
Check if the satellite value is under 10. If yes, call the boat back and restart it.
Question 12: When I have two CatchX Bait Boat, what I should pay attention to?
If you try to use the Rippton APP to connect one of them, please keep the other one staying “OFF”, in order to avoid the failure of Wi-Fi connection.
Question 13: The mission has been set on the Rippton APP successfully, but the CatchX does not start to move?
Please tap the “Return to Home” button on the Rippton APP to cancel the existing mission, and reset a new mission.